East west wellness center
Heal your body the natural way.
We are a three generation Traditional Chinese Medicine practice that has been providing healthcare for over 20 years in the greater Washington DC area. We have over 60 years of combined experience and have helped thousands of patients with an array of conditions, using acupuncture, acupressure, cupping therapy and more.
We offer free consultations for you to meet with a therapist to go over your conditions and come up with a treatment plan. See if acupuncture is a good fit for you!
Gaithersburg MD 20877
East West has been slowly reopening fully, and as always will be providing a safe environment for all. In order to understand fully, please read through the FAQs for new guidelines and practices we are putting in place. As always if you have any questions please call us at 240-386-8608.
Are there any changes to operating hours or capacity?
Our operating hours have been temporarily reduced to Monday – Friday (Mon/Wed/Thu: 10 AM – 5 PM, Tues/Fri: 8 AM – 4 PM). Capacity has been reduced to only schedule patients every 30 minutes. You will not see any other patients during your visit. We have 15 treatment rooms and space out rooms thoroughly so there’s at least 5 hours in between usage of the same rooms. Staffing has also been reduced.
What services are available?
The following treatments are available:
- Cupping Therapy
- Acupressure Therapy – Patients must get tested for COVID-19 and provide proof of negative results prior to their initial appointment. The complimentary 15 minutes is no longer included with acupuncture visits during thist ime.
- Infrared Sauna Therapy – at limited capacity
- Tibetan Herbal Body Steam – at limited capacity
How are you maintaining a safe environment for all?
Above all, we are committed to creating the safest possible environment for our visitors and staff.
- Room assignments will be spaced out so that no room is used more than once per every 6 hours and will undergo deep cleaning between uses
- Temperature checks conducted upon staff and patient arrival
- Patients are scheduled every 30 minutes to decrease the amount of traffic in the office
- Acupressure patients are required to get COVID testing and provide proof of negative results prior to the initial appointment
- Consultation will be done over the phone 1-2 days before appointment to eliminate face to face contact, we are using a new software. Please fill out your intake forms online.
- Acupressure treatments are conducted in a spacious room 3x the size of regular treatment rooms for plenty of airflow
- Therapists and staff will be wearing masks, gloves and other PPE
- Additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the office
We are dedicated to helping our patients with various natural techniques that won’t harm the body, such as acupuncture, acupressure, cupping therapy and other Chinese medicine techniques.
Our philosophy is simple: provide excellent and natural care to the every day people to better their health.
We have over 60 years of combined experience. Acupuncture is rooted deeply into our family tradition. Pictured in the gallery is grandmother Dr. Chen. She was a prestiged TCM Acupuncturist in China and has treated thousands of patients.
Does Acupuncture really work?
Does Acupuncture hurt?
More and more people are starting to see the natural healing benefits of Acupuncture, however we still get many questions about this ancient therapy that we will answer today!
Does Acupuncture actually work?
However, it is important to keep in mind acupuncture should not be used as a cure all. Since acupuncture is completely natural with little to none side effects, it can be used in conjunction with any other treatment you are receiving or any current prescriptions or pain medications you’re taking. Acupuncture has actually helped our patient’s decrease their dosage of pain medications or stop their reliance all together.
Does Acupuncture hurt?
It’s also extremely safe. It is an all-natural, drug free therapy, yielding no side effects and is virtually painless. Only sterile needles are used and are discarded after each use. However, it is important to use a licensed, trusted professional whom you trust. It is advised to research acupuncturists in your area and set up a meeting with your potential provider. As with any medical professional, it is important that you feel comfortable and safe in his/her presence!
How many treatments will I need?
Will my insurance cover for my treatment?
Conditions We Treat
Multiskeletal and Neurological Disorder
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Migraines and Headaches
Pain and Inflammation
- Carpal Tunnel
- Tennis Elbow
- Drop Foot
- Limb Neuropathy
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Acid Reflux
- Menstrual Issues
- Menopause Symptoms
- Induce Labor